Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shoes, skirts, and a Sugary Pansy coord

I ordered from Bodyline for the first time a few weeks ago.  I'm not a huge fan of the store, but they seem to have a few good things if you know what to look for.  They're a decent source for cheap lolita shoes.  The quality is not quite as good as Secret Shop shoes, but they seem perfectly adequate if you don't scuff them up.  Anyway, this is what I ended up getting:

I wanted mint too, but they only had this yellow-green color :<  Oh well.  The shoes arrived with a few scuffs since they were just shipped in a bag without padding.  I guess that's what I get for going with the cheaper shipping option.

I also ordered two Emily Temple Cute skirts from Labyrinth Garden, a thrift shop based in the Philippines that carries (mostly offbrand) pieces for lolita, otome, and mori fashion.  I got an amazing bargain - they were $13 each *_* 
The facebook page for the store is here: http://www.facebook.com/labyrinthgarden
It lists everything from the web store that is available for international shipping.

Last Saturday was Angelic Pretty SF's Royal Chocolate party.  The in-store parties are fun, but I think I should just save my money for the bigger parties at nice venues, like the anniversary party :p  Sadly, they did not have the Royal Chocolate series.  I didn't really expect them to, since it hasn't gone up for sale in Japan either, but I still wanted to try to reserve it.  No luck there either, although they were taking reservations for Chocolate Rosette. 

This is what I wore to the party:
I'll admit it's not my best coord.  Ankle socks look unexpectedly awkward on me, so I'm thinking I should stick with tights or otk socks instead.  The vest wasn't a great idea either.  The green doesn't quite match and the sleeveless look emphasizes my shoulders way too much.  I was just trying to create some kind of shape because the dress fits like a tent.  I think what I'll probably do is turn the (rather ineffective) waist ties into a high-waist belt and add some belt loops.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the modifications on here if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment